Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break

I'm probably going to change the picture at the top of this blog, but I'll wait until the weather actually changes.  This view out my back door was the same the first day of my Spring Break, so I'll hold on to the snowy scene a while longer.
My father's only sibling just passed away.  Oh we knew it was coming as he has battled leukemia then alzheimers during the past few years.  Since moving closer to he and Frankie, we've always took time during spring break to visit with them.They are pleasant and joyful people.  Charlie always showed a genuine interest in my children and even during his late stages of the nasty disease, he remembered my children's names and what they liked to do.  I feel as though a significant portal into what it is to be a Hall/McAllister has slipped from our access - a privilege lost.  He has had some interesting, even compelling, ideas and perspectives which always made for enjoyable conversation and just a lot of fun.  I miss him and my family misses him.  A couple of springs ago, we stopped in to see Charlie and Frankie, then went on down and stayed a night or two with Victor and Louise when then my youngest said, "Wow, I can see where Dad is going and what I guess I'm going to be."   I guess we Hall men have shoes to fill, as a legacy of family history will continue on, yes in organizing names and dates, but more so in ideas, service, and testimony.

No comments: