Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

You know, there's some culture some where that has a tradition of a person changing his/her name every time there's a big change in their life.  I just try to keep mine from changing to "Mud" too often.  Our family has experienced quite a few significant changes recently (weddings, fewer kids at home, another high school freshman, a new full-time job, etc.) and is expecting more such as a grandchild and changes in our Ward boundaries.  Right now I have no idea what these changes might bring, and I don't feel any stress from the unknown variances, but rather the seemingly unchanging, relentless, marshy-bogs of life that turn my stomach.  After that description I won't bother and boar you with details, but I'm sure many understand conditions that are beyond our control yet need improvement.  Oh sure, there's plenty we could do that would be damaging and counter-productive, and sometimes we take that action knowing full well of it's worthlessness, but it feels good at the time just to do something.  Yes, patience is a virtue, but I do appreciate living where there are four seasons,  where the community is centered around sowing and harvesting, and a career that is set in a state of constant flux to accommodate for changes of child development and growth.  Family should be the same way, so why am I so inflexible? I never know exactly what awaits me in my class, and I find that fun and fascinating.  But at home, maybe not so much.  As we go from one season of life to the next, I look forward to new adventures and good times while avoiding that which resist change.

No comments: