Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Little Dab'll Do Ya

It seems like we usually get at least a dusting in town sometime around Thanksgiving each year.  This surely increases the ambiance of the season for we are most certainly grateful that we don't have lasting snow quite yet, as well as being thankful for the warmth and productivity of the previous summer with its harvest.  After growing up in California's Central Valley, I appreciate a good snowy winter here in Idaho.
Even this past week when I ran my early morning miles while temps were in the teens on Monday and through the snow on Friday, it was refreshing and quite enjoyable.  This morning's fun run was also nice, but quite a bit longer than what I'm used to.  I'm glad the the senior project collected so much food for the food banks, but I was excited to see the amount of participation by good people that may not be fantastic runners but did their best even in the sub-zero (Celsius) temps and through the remaining snow on the fields.  Yep, I'm convinced that I'll be running all through the winter this year and have fun as well as health.

No comments: