Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back to Whence We Came

When we moved four and a half years ago, I knew then that it wasn't the change in weather, real estate, or work that I would miss, but the people.  As we visited with old friends this past week, I remembered experiences from long ago that built our relationships.  I remembered the joy of working and playing with these our friends and struggles we overcame.  It was good to see them again, but also value these good people with whom we now work and play.
Visiting familiar places after a long absence can build new memories of good times.  The coast has always been a source of beauty, wonder and fun.  This was no different as we found wild and wonderful plants, glass, shells, and food.  It is a great place to visit, even if only for a couple of days.
The whole visit was previous acquaintances through new eyes and maybe rose-colored glasses.  Good times are lighter on the heart and warmer in the soul.  These are what I'll carry with me until we visit again.

No comments: